MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mods can't move threads to forums they don't moderate!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not sure if this is a bug but if it's not then I think it's a really bad design decision.

Right now you can't move threads into forums you are not a moderator of. Why is this a problem? Well if someone makes a post in your forum that shouldn't be there you can't do anything about it. Futhermore, the mods of the forum where it should be can't do anything about it either.

Essentially, the move thread option for moderators is useless. You either have to make each mod a mod of every forum (not a good solution) or you just have to accept that only admins can actually move threads around (not a good solution either).

The default behavior should really be to let mods move threads into any forum from a forum they are a moderator of.

Thank you.
This has always been the behaviour of MyBB and it is working as expected - local moderators are only allowed to perform actions in the forums they moderate (that includes moving threads to forums in which they don't).

If you wish for them to do this then you would add them as moderators to the other forums (or category) as well..
Quote:If you wish for them to do this then you would add them as moderators to the other forums (or category) as well..
But you're essentially not allowing a moderator to moderate their own forum unless you give them mod powers to your entire boards. It defeats the purpose of having local mods in my opinion.

Being able to move a thread that is offtopic in your forum to the appropriate forum seems like something you should allow a mod to do without having to give them super mod status. A one way move essentially.

Is this something I can add to the forum without too much work or a feature that could be added? It would be nice to give admins the option to allow this for their mods.

Thank you.