MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 2 things i need help on .. please :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
LOL... damn, i am so close to getting things done.
All these small things i do not want to keep making a new thread for.
SOooo .. i will ask for help here with the 2 things i want to change.

1. I would like to completely remove the "Forum Team" link on the index.

I see this in the template.
Is this where i need to be? What should it look like with it removed?

Edit Template: showteam
<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']} - {$lang->forum_team}</title>
{$headerinclude}
</head>
<body>
{$header}
{$grouplist}
{$footer}
</body>
</html>

2. Change the "Edit this user in Mod CP" to "Edit this user in Admin CP" for admins.
[Image: 2u9pe0w.jpg]

When me and my admins view a profile, we get the choice of only the mod cp when wanting to edit a profile.
On mybb 1.2 it was the abmin cp for us that showed, i would like to change that back again.
Should be as simple as renaming it and changing it to link to the users profile in the admin cp?

If you can tell me how.. i'll do it.

There are a few more things, but i am getting help over at mybbcentral.
I don't want to dump everything on you guys here.
I just want to get this all done so i can go back to just loging on my board and relaxing again.
The change to 1.4.3 is good, but its taking so much time from me to get things in order for our needs.

Just glad i have been getting the help need,

Thanks Angel
To remove the "Forum Team" link on the index, you need to edit the index_boardstats template. Simply remove this line:
<a href="showteam.php">{$lang->forumteam}</a> |

However, there is also a link from the Member List. To remove this link, edit the memberlist template, and remove this:

<div class="float_right" style="padding-top: 4px;">
	<a href="showteam.php"><strong>{$lang->forumteam}</strong></a>
</div>

Users will still be able to access the page if they know the URL, but there will be no links to it.

In order to change the Edit / Ban User links in the user profiles from pointing to the Mod CP to pointing to the Admin CP, you'll need to do some manual file edits - doing this has been described here.
Admin CP --> Templates --> *choose your template set and click Expand* --> Index Page Templates --> index_boardstats
Remove:
<a href="showteam.php">{$lang->forumteam}</a> |

Edit: Good work Justin. Smile
1. I would suggest going through each of your usergroups, and in the general options, untick the "show in the 'forum team' page". This will make sure that if they do access this page, then it is simply blank. Then, just remove the link in the index templates. If you want to go the full length, remove the showteam php file too.

2. Editing the user is practically exactly the same in the ACP as it is in the ModCP... for everyday functions anyway. If you need to, edit the Member Templates -> member_profile_modoptions, and over type $lang->edit_in_mcp with the text, or change this value in member.lang.php.

The alternative is to create a new template, and modify member.php to show either the admin options or modCP options depending on usergroup...
Fantastic, thanks guys!
Forum Team ..now removed both places.

Hi Tom,
I do not quite follow you completely.
I am not good with this unless i have detailed instructions on how to do everything.
very sorry, wish i knew more to make this quick for me and less explaining for you all.

Here is what i have in the member_profile_modoptions
<br /><table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" width="100%" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td colspan="2" class="thead"><strong>{$lang->mod_options}</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1">
<ul>
<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/modcp.php?action=editprofile&amp;uid={$uid}">{$lang->edit_in_mcp}</a></li>
<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/modcp.php?action=banuser&amp;uid={$uid}">{$lang->ban_in_mcp}</a></li>
</ul>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

You want me to change this line
<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/modcp.php?action=editprofile&amp;uid={$uid}">{$lang->edit_in_mcp}</a></li>

to this?
<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/modcp.php?action=editprofile&amp;uid={$uid}">{$lang->edit_in_acp}</a></li>

The setting we always seem to need is getting to the users profile fast to change his group access.
By doing this change, this will allow admin's to get their? what about mods.. what are they going to see?

Our admins are the only one's that should have this access and need always do this task.

I'll wait till you explain more for me.. if you do not mind?

Thank You!
At the top of the template list, go to "Add Template". Call this template member_profile_adminoptions. Copy and paste this into it:

<br /><table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" width="100%" class="tborder">
<tr><td colspan="2" class="thead"><strong>Admin Options</strong></td></tr>
<tr><td class="trow1">
<ul><li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/admin/index.php?module=user/users&action=edit&uid={$uid}">Edit in AdminCP</a></li><li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/admin/index.php?module=user/banning&uid={$uid}#username">Ban in AdminCP</a></li></ul>
</td></tr></table>

Then, backup and edit member.php. Find:

if($mybb->usergroup['canmodcp'] == 1)
	{
		eval("\$modoptions = \"".$templates->get("member_profile_modoptions")."\";");
	}
	else
	{
		$modoptions = '';
	}

and replace with:

if($mybb->usergroup['canmodcp'] == 1)
	{

if($mybb->user['usergroup'] == 4){
		eval("\$modoptions = \"".$templates->get("member_profile_adminoptions")."\";");
	}else{		
		eval("\$modoptions = \"".$templates->get("member_profile_modoptions")."\";");
		}		
	}
	else
	{
		$modoptions = '';
	}

That should give you two sets of options - Admin and Moderator. If it doesn't work, let me know Smile
Perfect Tom, Thank You!

Works great!