MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Just Installed 1.4.4 and I can't import Themes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys

I just installed a fresh copy of MyBB 1.4.4. I downloaded AfreshPearl by Justin S. and uploaded the "pearl" directory to /images.
Now, I'm in the Admin CP, trying to import the god damn theme and I can't! I've done this like a million times before, I checked every file on the server but it's says:

Quote:MyBB could not find the theme with the file you uploaded. Please check the file is the correct and is not corrupt.

I can swear: I'm 100% sure everything is in the place it should be, the .xml file is new, 3 times downloaded... 3 times tried to import, 3 fails!

May this be a little bug of the new update? Has anybody a similar problem with 1.4.4?
Find the bug out: It doesn't handle the upload correctly, you are forced to upload the .xml to a server and give the URL.
Hope you can fix this bug for next update...
Yes, I am experiencing this problem too.
(2008-11-28, 08:06 AM)kelabete Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I am experiencing this problem too.

Oh damn

I was getting this quite recently with 1.4.3 . Tried everything then finally gave up yesterday and deleted the whole foruma nd hosting account. Now signed up to a new host (awaiting signup confirmation) and though a fresh copy of 1.4.4 would do the job. I was using Afresh Midnight. Directory in the right place and everything correct when you get that stupid message when trying to import the XML file. Treid redownloading , fresh mybb install , deleting theme and setting up a new database , all to no avail

I wonder what this can be?

Hmmmmmm....................
It's a problem related to the upload procedure because, remotely it can import the file without any problems but from PC to server, no chance.
Let's just beg our developers to do a big review on the work they just finished... and to consider testing before releasing for upcoming upgrades.
I know how hard big peaces of code can become, even if you wrote them yourself, there is a point where it starts to get you dizzy, but, you can't release something that's not working.

Regards

PS: If you're looking for a good free host, I recommend OxyHost.com or maybe a good and affordable paid host: elhost.net
This is a problem with your host. And to confirm, I just tried it on my own forum and it works perfectly fine.