MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Time 20 minutes off...?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm running a MyBB 1.4.3 board and I've noticed the boards clock is roughly 20 minutes out of sync - this happens no matter what time zone is set, it will always be 20 minutes (roughly) out.

Is there any way to fix this?
Cheers.
Your host has the server time off. Contact them. If it's a dedicated then you need to ssh in as root and alter it yourself.
I've just contacted my host, and it turns out another MyBB forum (hosted on the same server) and a few forums which run on different forum software do not have this time problem.

Are there any other things I could try to solve this?
That's strange... normally it is a host problem. Check in your ACP -> Configuration -> Date & Time Formats -> Default Timezone Offset that this is set to the right timezone, and also check the UserCP for your own. If that fails, toggle the DST option - it might not automatically detect it to see whether it is active or not.

If your host doesn't help, then you'll need to edit the source code for the forum. Make sure you keep a file that logs each change you've made to the source code, just in case there is a maintenance release that changes your edits.

Open .inc/init.php in an editor (NOT Windows Notepad, but Wordpad will be OK), and find:

define("TIME_NOW", time());

... and change it to...

define("TIME_NOW", time()+(20*60));

Change the 20 to whatever the difference is...
Thank you Tom.M. Smile
This is definitely a problem with your host (PHP configuration, time server, or otherwise) unless you have some sort of plugin/modification that changes the time