MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick edit pop-up problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a small problem with my MyBB forum.
I managed to wrap my own table with a navigation list around the forum, but when I now click on 'Edit', the Quick Edit/Full Edit pop-up appears somewhere on the page, usually outside of the screen, so it's often missed by the user.

Beside that I would generally prefer to turn off this pop up completly and send the user directly to full edit form. But there doesn't seem to be a simple switch in the AdminCP for this, or have I missed something?

BTW, yes, I've searched this forum already for the answer. Wink

The link to my page is http://www.unitedwargamers.net
As far as I know, that option doesn't exist... I'd edit the corresponding PHP file (I don't know PHP) but it's easy to understand and locate.
Regards
(2008-11-28, 02:59 PM)Shadow Player Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I know, that option doesn't exist... I'd edit the corresponding PHP file (I don't know PHP) but it's easy to understand and locate.
Regards
I understand PHP to some degree, but a gentle push into the right direction would be very helpfull anyway Wink
My search in the PHP scripts was without success so far!
not sure but looks like using div tags

if so are you using 'float' in css ... if so then have you 'cleared' any floats .... e.g.
<br style="clear:all" />
or use a class in css
editpost.php
I've got it, I just need to delete everything below the first line in the "postbit_edit" template!
But thanks for the help anyway!
To remove any reference to the quick edit (it will still exist but you won't be able to access it):

Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > *Your Template Set* > Post Bit Templates > postbit_edit

Remove this:
<div id="edit_post_{$post['pid']}_popup" class="popup_menu" style="display: none;"><div class="popup_item_container"><a href="javascript:;" onclick="Thread.quickEdit({$post['pid']});" class="popup_item">{$lang->postbit_quick_edit}</a></div><div class="popup_item_container"><a href="editpost.php?pid={$post['pid']}" class="popup_item">{$lang->postbit_full_edit}</a></div></div>
<script type="text/javascript">
// <!--
	if(use_xmlhttprequest == "1")
	{
		new PopupMenu("edit_post_{$post['pid']}");
	}
// -->
</script>

Edit: Which is what you've already done.