MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How can I upgrade to 1.4.4?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone,

I am wondering how I can upgrade to the latest version of myBB which is 1.4.4 from 1.4.3

I have downloaded the mybb_1403_patches.txt file (I'm not sure if this is even the right one, I downloaded it from the forum thread in the email I received) and it says I need to edit code. There is no install.php or something in the download and it says on the forum post that you need to do it from the install script.

It says on the upgrade file that you need to upload the files to the root folder - but I can't find these files anywhere. Does anyone know where I can find these files so I can upgrade to 1.4.4? And will it be the same way to upgrade in the future?

Sorry if you don't understand me - I'm pretty new to this sort of stuff!

Thanks very much for your help in advance Shy
The mybb_1403_patches.txt is only to secure yourself from the vulnerabilities. If you want the bug fixes as well get the mybb_1404_changes_files.zip package
It comes up with all the files I had before, do I need to delete the files I have now and re-upload them? Or just upload them?

And what do I do from there?

Sorry for being such a pain!
No, just follow the instructions in the announcement. All you need to do is overwrite your forum files with the changed files and run the upgrade script.
Okay, I have uploaded those files but it has created a mybb_1404_changed_files subdirectory inside all the files I had before. Can I upgrade it like this? Because I don't know how to make it overwrite all my old files. And will I have to install all the themes and stuff again?

The FTP client I am using is Filezilla. I dragged the file into the forum directory on my site and it just uploaded it inside the forum directory instead of all files inside it.

Shall I just delete all the old forum files and upload the mybb_1404_changed_files folder and upgrade it from there? And would I lose my forums theme from doing that?

How can I make it overwrite all the old 1.4.3 files?

Thanks very much for your help, I know I'm being a bit if a pain xD
Hi

Erase the folder you uploaded XD that's kinda childish to do.

What you gotta do is:

· Uncompress the downloaded zip file somewhere.
· Open the uncompressed folder.
· You will notice that the folder structure is the same as the one you have on your server.
· The files that are in the first and base folder go to the base folder of your server.
· The files in "inc" go to the folder "inc" in your server.
· The files in the folder "datahandlers" inside "inc" go to your server's folder "datahandler" inside "inc"
· Go on like that and overwrite all the old files with the new ones you downloaded.

Regards

PS: If you're not sure or in need to update I'd recommend to stay with v1.4.2 for now, v1.4.4 has to many bugs.
PM me if you're unsure and I'll get your forum upgraded for you.
Do I need to replace all the .php files?

And do you think I should wait to upgrade to 1.4.4 or shall I do it now?

Thanks
Yes if you want the bug fixes you'll need all the files in the changed files pack. And there's no reason to wait to do it really...

And Shadow Player, what bugs does 1.4.4 have, exactly?? The few that were found at the start were fixed very quickly, and are no longer in the download package.
Ok, I did what you said above and on the dashboard it still says I am on mybb 1.4.3 and I tried to do a version check and it said: There was a problem communicating with the version server. Please try again in a few minutes.

I had to reupload the index.php file from the download on the site (I had to download all the files again)

I'm not sure which version of myBB I'm on, is there any way to know?
Pages: 1 2