MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thank You 2.0 mod question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm running 1.2.10 MyBB and have a thank you mod installed on a site.

I was wondering if it was possible to have it showing how many thank you's a member has given and received?

And help would be great please as i've looked through and haven't found anything on how to do this.

Thanks.
I thought it did anyway?? If it doesn't it'll need more coding and I highly doubt anyone will add to 1.2.x plugins now. I think the 1.4.x plugin has a count of the number of thanks.
I know this is possible with the thank you mod for 1.4 Smile

Moved to the correct forum.
(2008-11-29, 02:27 PM)rh1n0 Wrote: [ -> ]I know this is possible with the thank you mod for 1.4 Smile

Moved to the correct forum.

Sorry was unsure where to post it.

I take it the mybb 1.4 version won't work on mybb 1.2.10 ?

Under here's name i was hoping to have Thanks you's given =
Thanks you'd received =

Would it be change in the templates or a while new plugin coding or something?

Thanks.
No, it won't work with 1.2.10

You can put something in the templates if you want to but if the code isn't in the plugin file, how are the numbers going to be calculated?? Rolleyes As I just said, it would require new code to be added to the plugin file and the chance of anybody doing that is very small indeed.
Ah ok i see.

Oh well i may have to upgraded to 1.4 though i'm worried it will all go wrong when i do and everything i need works fine on 1.2.10.

Will have to look into things on how to do this.

Thanks again for your replies.
If you make a backup, even if something does go wrong, you can just revert back to it.
What i did find out is that my Myback ups are bigger than what my host allows me to upload someone did say i needed a tool to fix this?
There's a way you can do it without having to ask them for anything. Make one backup of all your tables (to be safe), and then, in the ACP, select about 10 tables at a time and download it like that. So, choose the first 10, then the next 10, and the next, until you have them all. You might have about 7 backups but they will all be the right size then. Then, if you ever need to upload a backup, you can upload all of these and it'll work just as well.
Now why didn't i think of that lol.
Thanks a lot for your time this afternoon i'll have a play on a old host and do some tests first so i get the hang of things.

Thanks once more Smile
Pages: 1 2