MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remove condition on registration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can i jump the guests directly to the registration page without viewing the condition?
Remove it from the code. member.php I believe.

But you shouldn't do that. Without it Users are agreeing something they dont know they're agreeing and that's not legal
Well if there's no agreement showing there's nothing for them to agree to, is there??
I want to remove it.
Help Sad
Is there a way?
Just change the language variables that go through the agreement... this is probably the easiest way.

Changing the first agreement language part to give your forum rules. Normally the agreement is there to protect you - it's there for a reason - it protects your from all sorts of legal action (libel etc.).
I think they want to remove that step altogether, so clicking register goes straight to the username and password form. You'll probably be able to comment out the bit of code that loads the agreement or something...
I suggest you put some sort of policy on your site - something along the lines of 'by registering on this site, you agree...' etc. etc. This covers you for so many things...

Backup - then edit member.php. Find (circa line 372):

if((!isset($mybb->input['agree']) && !isset($mybb->input['regsubmit'])) || $mybb->request_method != "post")

Replace with:
/*
if((!isset($mybb->input['agree']) && !isset($mybb->input['regsubmit'])) || $mybb->request_method != "post")

Find (circa line 393):

$plugins->run_hooks("member_register_start");

Replace with:

*/
$plugins->run_hooks("member_register_start");

Find (circa line 714):

eval("\$registration = \"".$templates->get("member_register")."\";");
		output_page($registration);
	}
}

Replace with:

eval("\$registration = \"".$templates->get("member_register")."\";");
		output_page($registration);
	}
// }

When you click the register link, you'll be taken straight to the login form. Log the change in a text file in case member.php is changed in a future upgrade, and so you know where your edits to the code are.