MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New- thank you- mod problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed the Thankyou plugin for members to hit a thanks button for a helpful post, but am having two issues, with version 1.4 my BB, although it installs and activates with no issues, I see no instructions as to one, where to put the post bit images, since I added them to EVERY image folder on the server, even ones three levels down in the directory, so what happens is the "word" thank you appears but not the images, I ul/ed the language PhP in the proper directory as well as the plug in it self, but there is also a folder that comes with the d/l for a JS and no instruction as to were or how to implement it.

Anyone have any answers to any of this?

It would really be appreciated!

TSG!
The button should probably go in ./images/english/ as this is where all the other postbit buttons are, and the JS file should go in ./jscripts
Yes I ended up double checking that and found it to be the case, but thank you very much for responding with viable help! It was making me crazy with all the image folders scattered in so many folders, one can get lost LOL!

If they had a "Thanks" button here, I'd hit it for your helpful reply, slowly I am wading my way through the mess that few have tried to offer support for in various posts.

So thank "you" for your help, if I hadn't finally figured it out, you would have solved it for me, rescuing me from the grief of wracking my fried brains over solving the obstacle!
Smile

TSG!
This is an Awesome plugin but it works with English Correctly but another languages like Arabic or Urdu it is not working correctly, it is loading infinite and not stoping.

How i can fix it?

thanks in advance
I am no expert by any means, especially for for PHP issues, however...

Is it possible it is because of those language's special characters?
I know FireFox usually will load anyway, but replacing the questionable characters with...well... question marks, but I do not know how IE deals with them!

I often see browsers go in to loading indefinitely when they encounter unexpected characters.

It might help some to state the browser being used, and check for cross compatibility with another browser that may not have the issue.

Also check your progress indicator to see what it is continuously loading, sometimes running Adsense or using a PayPal donation buttons, can do that if the servers hosting the images or serving the ads are lagging. Usually the browser will time out before completing the load, but if you are not getting timed out then the page is loading, but it keeps running even after all page elements are displayed. This would mean something else, but with out knowing what it is saying in the bottom left corner in FireFox, for example, it would be hard to tell which aspect of the page is causing the continuous loading.

So if you are using IE try it with FireFox or vice versa!

If one works but the other does not, there are usually a work around for IE depending on the version.

I am assuming you are using MyBB 1.4.x?

TSG!