MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Postbit on the right
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It would be great if the postbit could be moved to the right side of the post as well.

If you like this idea you can vote here: http://ideas.mybboard.net/idea/postbit-on-the-right
Why not just edit the templates?
That's the point of an in-built feature! You need no modification.
Why did they put the horizontal postbit in mybb, when it can be done by modifying the board?

Hope you see my point.
(2008-11-29, 09:07 PM)dtommy79 Wrote: [ -> ]That's the point of an in-built feature! You need no modification.
Why did they put the horizontal postbit in mybb, when it can be done by modifying the board?

Because it has several pro's to the classic postbit and it was requested by a lot of people.

The whole point of the template system was built so that you can modify it and put it to good use without us implementing a huge amount of options.

Most of the time being extensible/editable is better then having a hundred options to customize one thing.
I don't see any point of having a horizontal postbit, a left styled postbit and a right styled postbit. I mean you can simply change the left styled postbit to a right styled postbit of you want.

I can see it coming that there will be a request of a horizontal styled postbit where the info is at the bottom Wink
(2008-11-29, 09:30 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-11-29, 09:07 PM)dtommy79 Wrote: [ -> ]That's the point of an in-built feature! You need no modification.

Because it has several pro's to the classic postbit and it was requested by a lot of people.

I know that Ryan, you misunderstood my answer. Smile That is exactly why I suggested the right side postbit.
I was merely pointed out that a right sided postbit could be just as useful as the horizontal or the classic postbit.
Mhh...but the horizontal postbit is a bigger change to the classic postbit. A right sided one would just be a small change of the classic postbit.
(2008-11-29, 09:50 PM)dtommy79 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-11-29, 09:30 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]

I know that Ryan, you misunderstood my answer. Smile That is exactly why I suggested the right side postbit.
I was merely pointed out that a right sided postbit could be just as useful as the horizontal or the classic postbit.

I don't actually see any pro's to moving it to the right nor many people requesting it. My response was talking about the horizontal postbit.
(2008-11-29, 10:18 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]I don't actually see any pro's to moving it to the right nor many people requesting it. My response was talking about the horizontal postbit.

Right to left languages?

Also, phpBB does this style ... for some bizarre reason.
(2008-12-01, 08:07 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Also, phpBB does this style ... for some bizarre reason.

... no comment Toungue

As Kioshi says, it is just a small edit to the postbit templates. There is no need to include this - as default - with MyBB to be honest. If it was, you might as well include a default right-to-left theme...
Pages: 1 2