MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: missing the line to seperate the thread topic from post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
missing the line to seperate the thread topic from post Huh
it happens on this forum also
Cause we've never had one? Smile
ok Smile

is there away to have 1 a line to seperate it for the futur

cause if you really think of it, it does look like its a part of the post/thread
What you mean separate the RE: blah blah blah from the post?? I don't think it looks like part of the post at all but if you play around with the templates and put <hr> somewhere it should work.
(2008-11-30, 03:03 AM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]cause if you really think of it, it does look like its a part of the post/thread
One of my members complained about it and I just made the topic grey, so it looked different to the normally black text. It made him happy. Smile

Plus, adding a <hr> would take up a tiny bit more space, but I completely forgot about it at the time. Maybe I'll try that one day when I get bored. Smile
I got bored:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e142/d...709354.png

To do this:
Admin CP --> Templates & Style --> Templates --> *Choose your template set and click 'Expand Templates' --> Post Bit Templates --> postbit
After:
<span class="smalltext"><strong>{$post['icon']}{$post['subject']} {$post['subject_extra']}</strong></span>
Add:
<hr>

Good luck. Smile
ok maybe i didnt say it corectly or word it properly

im not complaining , i just would prefer where there was a line as default across where the reply and topic of reply would have a blue line between it

------------------------
Topic: i want some garlic
-------------------------

then your post after if you know what i mean ...

sorta what you guys are referring to up abouve

*ill try that matt_ its close enough to what i meant Smile

thanks again guys for the support
so this is how it should look at the end of the line

<span class="smalltext"><strong>{$post['icon']}{$post['subject']} {$post['subject_extra']}</strong></span><hr>

the <hr> is joined up with that line
http://www.postmeon.com/test-t-3.html

there is no line working to seperate the topic from the post
Put the <hr> in the next line of code then. Wink
i tried both ways you mentioned rh1n0 still nothing Sad

but i really do apprecitate your time and effort on this !
Do you mind PM'ing me the administrator details so I can try? Smile

Thank you.
Pages: 1 2