MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Trying to set up via cpanel... keep getting an error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Did I install incorrectly?

Connection Strings
Perl $dbh = DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:moke_MyBB:localhost","moke_MyBBUser","<PASSWORD HERE>");
PHP $dbh=mysql_connect ("localhost", "moke_MyBBUser", "<PASSWORD HERE>") or die ('I cannot connect to the database because: ' . mysql_error());
mysql_select_db ("moke_MyBB");

When I add MyBB and MyBBUser this is what I get. What am I doing wrong?
Tried to use the above 'complete guide to installing' but I am not getting the same results. Is there an official install guide?
Take a look into the folder "Documentation" of the MyBB package. There you'll find the installation instructions.
None of this is working. I get a 404 error to I go to folder_where_I _ installed/install/.

The uploads folder and avatars folder keep switching back to 766 when I CHMOD them to 666.

And I am getting the same error on CPanel no matter what I try.

Uninstalling. Too confusing. Maybe another time, another board.
Trying it again.... nada. What am I doing wrong?
Try to chmod to 777, if it still switches back, change the server Smile
Other than that. PM someone your ftp / cpanel details and let them sort it out for you.

I'll do it for you if you wish... and you can always change the passwords once it's done.... Wink
I CHMOD everything to 777 but it didn't take. I don't know what I am doing wrong but I bet it is something dumb.
This is where a lot of mistakes are made and the error messages 500 and 404 are created. A lot of servers do not now allow any file to be chmodded to 777 prior to, or during install. It is seen as a security risk.

The other problem is of course relying on a programme like SmartFTP to auto upload the files in the correct binary / ascii format. It ain't all that smart sometimes, and screws up properly.
Pages: 1 2