MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade to 1.4.4 failure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My forum is here: http://www.sammes.co.uk/

I upgraded from 1.4.3 to 1.4.4 - followed all the installation instructions but now I get a messages reading this repeatedly in the header whenever I attempt to open messages:

Warning [2] preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Compilation failed: lookbehind assertion is not fixed length at offset 8 - Line: 406 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 5.1.6 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP] errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 406 preg_replace
/inc/class_parser.php 137 postParser->parse_smilies
/inc/functions_post.php 529 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 799 build_postbit

It also no longer counts when mails are read.

Please, what have I done wrong??

Thank you..
Have a look here:
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-410...ass_parser
I had the same problem. Redownload a fresh copy of the 1.4.4 installation package an overwrite all files. There was a few files fixed after first release of the package.

Little hint: Searching for class_parser should be the first step Wink
Thank you very much but it still doesn't work. I downloaded the entire package from the "Downloads" section and on looking at the file modified dates, most were 27th but inc\class_parser.php was 29th which suggests it had been updated post release. I therefore uploaded the new file, but no changes. I have attempted to refresh any caches if that is where the problem lies, but still no joy.

Did you re-upload the ENTIRE 1.4.4 package or just this class_parser.php file? If the former, what did you do with the database?

Help please?
Which package did you take? The "mybb_1404_changed_files.zip" or "mybb_1404.zip"?
The updated file is as i know currently only in the package mybb_1404.zip
(2008-11-30, 05:36 PM)Jorgo Wrote: [ -> ]Which package did you take? The "mybb_1404_changed_files.zip" or "mybb_1404.zip"?
The updated file is as i know currently only in the package mybb_1404.zip

They should both work, but if use the complete package don't overwrite ./Inc/config.php or ./inc/settings.php
I downloaded and replaced the class_parser.php from the full "mybb_1404.zip" file. The modification date is the 29th and file size is 29,186 bytes.

Do I need to rerun the \install\upgrade.php afterwards to "apply" the changes maybe? (Haven't done so yet as wasn't sure of results that may happen)
You need all the new files, not just that one...
The file in the package i downloaded is 29043 bytes ...
I have attached the file ...
Just a moment!! I have found the problem. The current class_parser.php brings the same issue as before! Maybe the file has been updated again.
This attached file is working on my server.
OK, you are a HERO! Works perfectly now and very glad I came by and asked. All I can say is thank you. I wonder why the main copy of this PHP was degressed...? Fantastic - thank you again
Hello again. Got it mostly back up and running now except for this.. I created a new user and posted a test post just to check this aspect still works - I then deleted the post and went into the Admin control panel, "Users & Groups" to delete this test user. When I then try to click on the "Options" button, they never appear.

Down the bottom left of the screen, IE is reporting this error on admin page loading: a problem where "Peeker is undefined"

Any ideas?
Have a look at this thread: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-34830.html
Try if it helps when you are cleaning your browser cache.
Pages: 1 2