MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin log out twice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I'm in the ACP and log out, I'm only loggedd out of the ACP. To log out completely I have to go back to my forum home page and log out again.
Similarly when I am logged in as Admin, I have to log in a second time to access the ACP.
Is there a setting somewhere I can avoid this?

thanks
Having to log in each time you go to the ACP is a security feature IIRC.
Thanks, yes I understand that, but why do i have to logout twice, once from the ACP and then I have to go back to my home page to log out completely. It is very inconvenient.
But now it has got much worse, and every time I do anything in ACP mode I have to log in—even when I switch from one section to the other. And I cannot log ot at all now!

I have deleted all the cookie fields in the board settings, I guess that is something to do with it—though I don't understand the cookie thing at all.
Well the ACP and forum are separate so each log in is different.

Your cookie settings are wrong, you should have left them as they were... why did you remove them?? What's your URL?? See if this helps you: http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Help:Cannot_login

Make any needed changes in ./inc/settings.php and then again in ACP > Configuration > General Configuration.
Yes Matt I certainly should have left them as they were! I have tried to put the right ones in (got them from the 'handy tool' in the documentation), But they won't stick because when i click Save it goes back to the login panel.
What is ./inc/settings.php and how do i access it?
OK I found settings.php and will edit and upload again.

(2008-12-01, 12:14 AM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Well the ACP and forum are separate so each log in is different.

Your cookie settings are wrong, you should have left them as they were... why did you remove them?? What's your URL?? See if this helps you: http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Help:Cannot_login

Make any needed changes in ./inc/settings.php and then again in ACP > Configuration > General Configuration.

All back to normal, but it's still a real nuisance having to login and logout twice.
Setting the field length of the selection box does make it a drop down.
I'll stick with MyBB for a bit but will probably go back to SMF.

Thanks for your help.
(2008-12-01, 12:43 AM)triode Wrote: [ -> ]All back to normal, but it's still a real nuisance having to login and logout twice.

It's more of a security feature, so we can't exactly change it. Also how would we cater to people who want the login and logout separately? (which seems is the majority)
(2008-12-01, 12:43 AM)triode Wrote: [ -> ]All back to normal, but it's still a real nuisance having to login and logout twice.

If you've just changed them back to their "original" settings, what are those settings? Chances are we're able to get a solution so you don't have to keep doing this...
I guess he means he sorted the cookie settings. I never got the URL so we can't double check if they're correct now...
On several MyBB tests, I have to set the cookie path to /, instead of /forums/. It has no effect, except I don't have to keep logging in whenever I want to change something in the ACP.

Playing around with the cookie prefix too can help... if the OP has got it "back to normal" then he's still having problems - and maybe playing with these settings will help... Toungue