MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ban a person with dynamic ip forever
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.
Exist a way to ban forever a person that have a dynamic ip?

Please help
It's really almost impossible - if they're willing enough they'll be able to use proxies and all sorts to get past the block. You can block a range of IPs (I think) but that might not be the best solution.

For example, one of my dynamic IPs is 87.192.*.*. But blocking that will also block 250,000 people...
If you ban one IP, they can't get access, but if it's dynamic, their new one won't be blocked, and if you ban that one, their next one won't be blocked.... Oh, and you can block proxies with labrocca's plugin.

Question: what do you see if your IP has been blocked?? I'm just curious...
I can contact the host to ban the hardware's address of this person?
I guess that's the only way... we can block people with a MAC address, but I'm not sure whether your host will do that.

You can always talk to them to find a solution - unfortunately MyBB probably doesn't have the answer...
(2008-12-01, 02:28 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Question: what do you see if your IP has been blocked?? I'm just curious...

Quote:I'm sorry, but you are banned. You may not post, read threads, or access the forum. Please contact your forum administrator should you have any questions.