MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpBB3 > 1.2.14 > 1.4.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
After changing phpBB3 to 1.2.14 with the merge system, flawlessly - I went to upgrade from 1.2.14 to 1.4.4 - and it keeps telling me the passwords are wrong, even if I change them to the actual passwords - not md5()'d. How do I get them to be right? Please help.
Also, if you want a screenshot I can provide one.
Did you leave the merge plugin active??
wtf? No, it told me to deactivate ALL plugins Sad
I mean the plugin that is created to make passwords work. Not sure exactly what it's called but there's some sort of merge plugin that needs to be kept active.
Deactivating it won't do anything permanent. Just turn it back on.

There was a known bug that phpbb3 was accidentally removed from the plugin, but it was fixed in the latest revision. Just grab the loginconvert.php plugin in the latest snapshot and replace it with your current inc/plugins/loginconvert.php
Well I can't turn it back on. I keep getting a "this board has not yet been upgraded" message. And then it tells me to finish it. But is there a way I can activate the plugin without accessing the admin panel?
(2008-12-02, 09:25 PM)t0m Wrote: [ -> ]Well I can't turn it back on. I keep getting a "this board has not yet been upgraded" message. And then it tells me to finish it. But is there a way I can activate the plugin without accessing the admin panel?

If your board hasn't been upgraded then you need to do that
Well it's the highest version of MyBB, and it won't let me upgrade it - that's where the password error is occurring. When I get to the upgrader(install/upgrade.php) it says I need to login as a valid administrator - the account is valid - but it says the passwords wrong. Which is where I think I need the plugin to be activated for it to show the right password. Right now, all of the passwords are in a weird $.... format; as in all of them begin with an $ symbol, and have a couple slashes in them and numbers and letters.

When I try to md5() the random strings - just in a test PHP file(as in nothing incorporated with MyBB) it gives a string out fine, but nothing close to the password.
Login with the default administrator account you used to setup MyBB 1.2.
I did. It still says that it's wrong :-S I think I must have done something wrong. I was fine until I tried to upgrade it.Sad
Pages: 1 2 3