MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: default email to users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi,
any one can help to me, how users can get new posting email whenever a new post has posted in forum. even if the user is not in the forum..

Thanks
You mean so they subscribe to every forum??
(2008-12-02, 10:37 AM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]You mean so they subscribe to every forum??

yes they have to subscribe to every forum what are the existings in the forums, and they have to receive mail of every posts...

thanks
How many users do you currently have?? There may be an easy way to set this for new users but to set it for current users will require some SQL queries.
(2008-12-02, 10:41 AM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]How many users do you currently have?? There may be an easy way to set this for new users but to set it for current users will require some SQL queries.

i am having 50+ users in my database....
Thanks
Looking at the table and how it's laid out the best way would be to ask your members to subscribe to all forums. The headings in the forumsubscriptions table are fsid (forum subscription ID), fid (forum ID) and uid (user ID). Unless I'm missing something obvious here, you'd need hundreds of querys or loads of really long ones to add every user to every forum. Unless someone knows a query that will add all users to all forums in one go....
Shouldn't you let your users decide whether they want their inbox spammed? Toungue

It's practically impossible - as Matt says, you'll need a very complex script to complete the job and even then, the user will actually need to post in that topic/forum first before they get any notices.

So, what you're asking for is really best suited for a plugin - which you can request in the Plugins & Code Modifications Section
(2008-12-02, 11:09 AM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]Shouldn't you let your users decide whether they want their inbox spammed? Toungue

Yeah that's another point... if you did do this, they could quite easily just remove the subscriptions in the UCP. However you could always then remove the option for them to remove the subscriptions, but if I was on a forum where I got an email of every single post made and I had no way to stop it, I'd either set up an email address that I'd never use and send them all there, or just leave. Think about the amount of emails your server would have to send out...
(2008-12-02, 11:14 AM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-12-02, 11:09 AM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]Shouldn't you let your users decide whether they want their inbox spammed? Toungue

Yeah that's another point... if you did do this, they could quite easily just remove the subscriptions in the UCP. However you could always then remove the option for them to remove the subscriptions, but if I was on a forum where I got an email of every single post made and I had no way to stop it, I'd either set up an email address that I'd never use and send them all there, or just leave. Think about the amount of emails your server would have to send out...

not a problem to me y becz this is our private server so it can be handle that much load balance........ Please help me to solve this problem...
(2008-12-02, 11:09 AM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]...what you're asking for is really best suited for a plugin - which you can request in the Plugins & Code Modifications Section

... is the best answer to your problem.

It's impossible to have an email sent to everyone for every post. For this, you'll need a plugin for sure. You can request this in the Plugins & Code Modifications Section

Your best option is to set the default email option. This will send an email to the users when a new reply is posted in a thread they have previously posted in. To do this, follow the steps in this thread: Changing Default Email Notify Setting.

Then, in a database manager (such as phpMyAdmin), run this mySQL query:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `subscriptionmethod` = '2'

Change mybb_ to your table prefix.
Pages: 1 2