MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: error_no_permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The error_no_permissions function doesn't allow for any custom message. I get a lot of confusion from members about the error because well...people are stupid and the message is very obscure.

It would be great if it was like the error() function that allows a message variable. Giving people very generic error messages isn't helpful.

I don't believe adding this to the function would be difficult. You alter functions.php to add a $message then alter the template error_nopermission to include the $message variable.

Please consider and thank you.
100% agree, I've also complain about that in the past...
IMHO the error handling should be a whole seperate aspect of MyBB. Shouldn't be a function - it should be a whole class. Hell even integrate it with the error class it has now.
So you can set and modify the message string as you want within the class and outside the class before outputting the error.
That would be even better. I just had a sneaking suspicion that would be saved for a larger release but for now imho my suggestion is a good short term fix.