MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ackk Inadvertently deleted template!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While switching default templates, (W/o Glasses) I missed seeing it was to delete, and clicked proceed, is there any way to recover deleted template????

MyBB 1.4.4 template MyBB_custodia custom template!
url=http://custodialgrandparents.com

Thank you for any way to recover this!

TSG!

Having a real bad week I am!
Do you mean default theme or default template?? Because you can't really set a default template as such... if it was to do with a custom theme, just reupload the .xml file that it came with.
Well it was a custom, so in the list it showed as MyBB_custodia, so my mistake just looked back and it was the theme not the template. but this theme was the default theme that was customized and therefore got the name MyBB_custodia, and when switching it to the default theme i inadvertently deleted it!

I am having a really bad week, sorry for the mix up on my part, and thanks for such a quick response.
So is there a way to get this "theme" back?

Thanks,

TSG!
Not unless you have it in a backup.
How about you download that theme again?
Well the issue there is it was one we customized from the basic one that came with it, is that the one I would get from the xml file?

If this is the case then it will be alright all I would need to do is re-input the .CSS changed made right? And then save with the new theme name, unfortunately if it was just a downloaded one it would have been easier, thankfully I do have one downloaded to use in the mean time, but my Site partner insists on hers and she's gonna kill me if she just restored it as this was why I was switching to it, because she messaged me to see if I liked it or not, thankfully I don't live with her so i stil get to sleep in my bed LOL!
But still she is gonna give it to me!

Thanks for the conformation if this wil be the case, I know she's smart enough to save the info elsewhere so the color codes should be available!

TSG!
How was it customised?? Did you download it from somewhere customised, or did you customise it yourself?? If you downloaded it from somewhere, just reupload it like I said above, but if you modified it yourself, unless you have a backup of it, it's gone.
Right I realize that, but my question now is, if I resend (ftp) the xml file, will the result be the default MyBB color scheme? From which I can again alter to my liking as previously did and give it a theme name when finished?

If so what is the exact name of the .xml file?

Thanks for the constant attention here Matt, I appreciate it!

TSG!
If you go to ACP > Templates & Style > Create New Theme > and give it a name, you'll get a copy of the default theme which you can edit.
Thanks Matt, that will do it I guess!

Thanks again for your patience!

TSG!