MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Site News Integration?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello MyBB:

We're using 1.4 on our site, and trying to integrate our announcements to the homepage. I searched around the boards here, and found one plugin but it was designed for 1.2 and it was doing things like duplicating the table prefix (e.g. mybb_mybb_settinggroups), and even after I ran through fixing all of that code, it's settings still didn't respond very well (I clicked NO on Show Avatar, and it still showed it, and it doesn't turn BBcode into HTML for the webpage). And I'm sure I ran the hook right; took it directly from the readme file for that plugin.

Is there any plugin or code to get the last 3 thread-first-posts from our Announcements board (fid: 2)? I tried writing my own queries but I can only get it so it does 1 at a time, we need the latest 3 on our page.

Can anyone shed some light? Help would be appreciated!

Thank you,
Matchboxx
What's wrong with the portal?? You can pull threads from a given forum, for example an announcement forum, and they'll show. If not, try this.
(2008-12-02, 10:50 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]What's wrong with the portal?? You can pull threads from a given forum, for example an announcement forum, and they'll show. If not, try this.

Hey Matt, thanks for the response. We have our own website that we want to use with our own design, and not have it mounted within the forum itself, especially because we have other custom features for our front page.