MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forgot password not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello I have a mybb 1.4.4 installation at dotahan.com/forums.

I have a problem when users use the forgotpassword link. The new password is emailed but the users cannot login with the said password..

I have experienced this also as super admin (uid=1)

How to fix this?
In PHPMyAdmin, or some other database manager, run this query:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `password` = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6', `salt` = '' WHERE `uid` = 'X'

Change the X to your user ID and make sure your table prefix is correct. This will turn your password to simply 'test'. Do this so the suers can log in.

Can you provide a test account so we can reset the password and see if it works??
can i pm it to you?
Hmm, doesn't send an email to me either, not in my spam folder or anything.
hmm... weird.. must be sendmail not working
Is it phpmail or SMTP mail you're using? If it's php, then I'd check if your host isn't preventing something...
I've had this happen too. The user is getting the email, but the password that gets sent isn't working. It happened to one of my members as well as to me as Super Admin. As Admin I had to request passwords several times before getting one that worked. For my user I ended up going in and resetting it and then having them log-in and change it.
However, it is odd that the emailed temporary password does not work.