MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Does mybb...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Does CreateMybb.com have anyway I can upload the new version of Mybb? I use the old version, and The new version looks really cool!
So may someone please me help me threw PM or here.
Unfortunately that service is based on the older MyBB version 1.2.* if you want a MyBB 1.4 forum you either need to get your own host and domain or create a free 1.4 forum here:
http://www.freemybb.com/create.htm
Is there anyway I can I get a shoutbox on version 1.2?
The link you gave is at its full capacity...so I can't register with it...
There's tons of free hosts around... I don't know why CreateMyBB is still on 1.2 really Confused
(2008-12-03, 04:42 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]There's tons of free hosts around... I don't know why CreateMyBB is still on 1.2 really Confused

Perhaps their installer doesn't work for 1.4?
So can I put a shoutbox on version 1.2? Or do I have to do it in a special way, or I can't do it at all?
(2008-12-03, 04:44 PM)Agony Wrote: [ -> ]So can I put a shoutbox on version 1.2? Or do I have to do it in a special way, or I can't do it at all?

Depends. If your using CreateMyBB then you would have to check your plugins. Or you could request that they add that certain plugin.
Actually you don't get file manager with that so I guess you can't, unless, like Clair said, they add it themselves.

If it were me I'd find a free host with FTP so you can have 1.4 and you can upload your own plugins and themes.
(2008-12-03, 04:58 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Actually you don't get file manager with that so I guess you can't, unless, like Clair said, they add it themselves.

If it were me I'd find a free host with FTP so you can have 1.4 and you can upload your own plugins and themes.

Yeh, I agree, that would be a MUCH better option. Make sure they provide a MySQL databse though.
Can someone suggest a good site please?
Pages: 1 2 3