MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [FREE Release] Match Rank (clan match reporting and ranking system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
wow.. i really interested but maybe not fit with my forum..
thanks anyway
lol ... can't believe i commissioned this and now you're releasing it for free
Brad know that the version you run is modified. I don't even have your modifications locally. And I know you want this developed further and you know I won't do it. I figure to just get this out there and see where it goes. Plus you agreed that I would still retain rights to the script...partially why I did it so cheap. I know there was issues but reality is that I never understood this plugins concept. I couldn't envision it well enough and had a problem making it. In the end I just was glad to get it done and to move on. Your version is pretty good imho and it seems to serve your needs.

Good luck with future development of this and I hope someone does more with it.
(2009-09-22, 10:18 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Good luck with future development of this and I hope someone does more with it.

I still haven't thanked you for this labrocca, so THANK YOU T__T;.

I finished porting this to 1.2x for my website last week. (I refuse to use 1.4, since I've spent countless hours beefy up the MyPlaza that runs on 1.2 with new modules I wrote myself, as well as the arcade and many other things).

I actually found a bunch of bugs in it, and fixed them myself. I can't recall any at the moment except being able to report a loss to yourself, but there were a few.

I also added a bunch of new features, and made it a team ladder, where you can have a partner for tag team matches. I'm probably going to next, make a singles ladder for it. I'm also thinking of letting users create their own ladder, and just adding an lid (ladderid) to the db for the matches and teams inserts. I wanna see how my teams ladder goes first though... everyone on my site seems to be getting all excited about it n __n

Thanks again~
It would be nice if you released the changes. I'd like to see this grow.
I just looked at the source since a client of mine want me to write one from scratch and told me to look at yours to view some of its features. It's hard to understand by looking at screenshots.

I just noticed that the matches page has no pagination and runs 2 queries (plus the one that's run to query the matches) without actually needing to run them.

Imagine users have made a total of 1,000 matches.
Imagine there are 10 users viewing that same page.

3 queries * 1000 matches * 10 users = 30,000 queries being run at the same time.
It is extremely resource intensive.

Instead, you should cache teams into an array before running the matches query instead of querying the winner's team name and loser's team name on each loop.
I'm no longer developing this Pirata. Feel free to do whatever you want with it.
(2010-04-12, 06:19 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]I just looked at the source since a client of mine want me to write one from scratch and told me to look at yours to view some of its features. It's hard to understand by looking at screenshots.

I just noticed that the matches page has no pagination and runs 2 queries (plus the one that's run to query the matches) without actually needing to run them.

Imagine users have made a total of 1,000 matches.
Imagine there are 10 users viewing that same page.

3 queries * 1000 matches * 10 users = 30,000 queries being run at the same time.
It is extremely resource intensive.

Instead, you should cache teams into an array before running the matches query instead of querying the winner's team name and loser's team name on each loop.

(2010-04-12, 11:39 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I'm no longer developing this Pirata. Feel free to do whatever you want with it.

Wink
(2010-04-12, 11:39 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I'm no longer developing this Pirata. Feel free to do whatever you want with it.

That explains it then. I am not doing anything with it anyway, I was just looking at its features since my client wants some of the features that come with this plugin but want me to add more features to those features.
Great mod labrocca !
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5