MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help uploading photos please!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am having problems uploading pictures to my forum. We've added pictures before with no problem but now they won't attach. Please help resolve this if you can. I thank you in advance for your help!

www.loftgolf.net/forum
Is ./uploads/ CHMODd to 777?? What image type are you trying to attach?? Is there an error message??
(2008-12-03, 11:14 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Is ./uploads/ CHMODd to 777?? What image type are you trying to attach?? Is there an error message??

Thanks Matt,
I am trying to upload a JPG image. When attaching the image, it looks like everything is fine but the image isn't saved. I have 1 saved image on the forum and have unlimited capacity. I get no error message. One more thing, I just noticed on the attachment stats it shows 1 attachment but 6 downloads. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I am hitting the 'Add Attachment" button. Thank you in advance for your help!
(2008-12-04, 01:02 PM)loftgolf Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-12-03, 11:14 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Is ./uploads/ CHMODd to 777?? What image type are you trying to attach?? Is there an error message??
One more thing, I just noticed on the attachment stats it shows 1 attachment but 6 downloads. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

That should just mean there is one attachment that has been downloaded 6 times.

Is the uploads fodler CHMODd to 777??
(2008-12-04, 02:21 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-12-04, 01:02 PM)loftgolf Wrote: [ -> ]
One more thing, I just noticed on the attachment stats it shows 1 attachment but 6 downloads. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

That should just mean there is one attachment that has been downloaded 6 times.

Is the uploads fodler CHMODd to 777??

Matt,
I truly appreciate you help with this! I am a novice and have no idea what the question "Is the uploads folder CHMODd to 777" means Would you be kind enough to walk me through this? Thank you very much!
Ok, in your FTP, find the folder called 'upload' and find the setting for permissions or CHMOD. It needs to be either 777 or rwxrwxrwx, depending on your host.
Matt, when I go to the system health tab, under tools and maintenance, it says "All of the required files and directories have the proper CHMOD settings. Does this help? If not, I'll have to deal with Heritage Web Design as they handle my site. (Very poorly I might ad!) Please let me know! Thank you.
Oh yeah, it didn't occur to me to check there! Toungue

Ok, what are the exact steps you take when trying to upload?? When you choose the file and click 'Add Attachment', it doesn't show in the list??
Im having this exact same problem, doesn't matter what i try to attach it doesn't upload, i get no error messages all the correct files are 777 my allotted storage is unlimited. The Attachment Doesn't even show up in a list, not even manage Attachment or underneath the post to attach to the message. Im having a problem uploading avatars too as pointed out in another thread. Wonder if the two could be related.

im running the latest version of mybb

Regards

Tyke
Right, tyke, can I have a link and test account, and can I also have a test account loftgolf??
Pages: 1 2