MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: These forums?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I really like the myBB forums and all their mods, do you guys have some type of free forums where i don't need to buy hosting?

Thanks
What are you talking about?
Did you check the "I NEED A WEBHOST!" thread?
There are free hosts you can use, regardless of software. Dodgy
(2008-12-04, 01:39 AM)Clair Wrote: [ -> ]What are you talking about?
Did you check the "I NEED A WEBHOST!" thread?
There are free hosts you can use, regardless of software. Dodgy

I have a webhost, but i was thinking about buying hosting because a free web host isn't going to last long.

I was wondering if there's already set up free mybb forums like other forums.
There are a few but I would recommend BMR777 out them.

http://webringamerica.com/

That's his site and he made the mod to allow it to happen Wink.
(2008-12-04, 01:47 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]There are a few but I would recommend BMR777 out them.

http://webringamerica.com/

That's his site and he made the mod to allow it to happen Wink.

Thanks that's what i was looking for. Big Grin
What do you mean by "a free web host isn't going to last long"?
(2008-12-04, 06:26 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean by "a free web host isn't going to last long"?

The independent free webhosts which give you 50GB space, 1TB bandwidth, no advertisements...for free? Where is their income to pay for the server coming from?
(2008-12-04, 07:41 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]The independent free webhosts which give you 50GB space, 1TB bandwidth, no advertisements...for free? Where is their income to pay for the server coming from?

Hostgator banners Toungue

/ Your right, most free hosting is big waste of time.
Banners and affiliate links are good for revenue. I'm a mod at www.FreeWebHostingTalk.com and you'd be surprised at the amount of hosts making upwards of $500 per month from a free service. You can even find free hosts for sale that have a 2+ years of profit even after running multiple dedicated servers. Wink Sure, not all of us are raking in the money but like I tell people on FreeWHT, the main reason to get into the free hosting business is to help others out. I don't come anywhere near my server costs for my free host, but I don't plan on closing up shop just because I don't make money. I enjoy helping people and free hosting is an excellent way to do so. Smile

Sorry for the rant, but I hate it when people look down on something because it's free or look down on software because it's open source. As much as I believe that most of the time you get what you pay for, there are the exceptions out there. Big Grin
Tyreus is going to be around for a while too... not all free hosts oversell. Rolleyes
Pages: 1 2