MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade from 1.2 to 1.4 and I cannot access any admin functions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I just installed 1.2.14 and merged the db from SMF 1.1.7. Everything went pretty well with that process, but after that, I upgraded to the latest version, and now every time I try to access any of the admin settings, I get this:
Quote:Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /test/admin/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.10 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.10 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at sabbzplace.com Port 80

I have no idea what this is, and I followed the upgrade instructions to the letter. Any help would be greatly appreciated. As I want to dump SMF as soon as humanly possible.

MyBB install is located at http://sabbzplace.com/test if anyone needs to see.

Thanks
*sigh* Contact you host and ask them to whitelist your domain/account against mod_security.

Also try and sue the search feature in future.
(2008-12-04, 08:48 AM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]*sigh* Contact you host and ask them to whitelist your domain/account against mod_security.

Also try and sue the search feature in future.

*SIGH* I'm sorry for bothering you. Had I known I would experience problems installing this for the first time and I would have to bother you and waste your precious time, I wouldn't have bothered.
Sorry, but it wouldn't have taken long to have searched and I could almost guarantee you would have found the same solution as there have been a lot of people with the same problem Smile It's often quicker for you personally if you search as it saves having to wait for an answer. You had to wait over 5 hours for an answer here but could have found it in 5 minutes if you searched, that was my point, would have been better for you. Never intended to offend you...

But contacting your host will solve this problem Smile