MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: DATES in CP (and maybe elsewhere) not translated
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there,

In the process of fixing the bday-thingy....ran into something else....or two things as a matter of fact...

Picture speaks more than a thousands words I think.... so take a look at these:

1) [attachment=1386]

As you can see...I've changed into the dutch langpack...but some of the dates persist on using english dates... it looks like the memregdate and memlastvisit (if I remember the names correctly) are not linked to the language-files.... How can we fix this?

2) [attachment=1385]

This is something I noticed in the Dutch package...the admin-options seem to have gone missing in action

cheers,
Kimmo
Hi Kimmo,

You may want to try a few changes here in member.php Just above the birthday mod as it seems to be missing a lot of the language variables. It's no good me trying it, I only speak English, not only that I'm not quite sure where to put them. Sad

$memregdate = mydate($mybb->settings['dateformat'], $memprofile['regdate']);
	$memlocaldate = gmdate($mybb->settings['dateformat'], time() + ($memprofile['timezone'] * 3600));
	$memlocaltime = gmdate($mybb->settings['timeformat'], time() + ($memprofile['timezone'] * 3600));

if($memprofile['lastvisit'])
	{
		$memlastvisitdate = mydate($mybb->settings['dateformat'], $memprofile['lastvisit']);
		$memlastvisitsep = ', ';
		$memlastvisittime = mydate($mybb->settings['timeformat'], $memprofile['lastvisit']);
	}
	else
	{
		$memlastvisitdate = $lang->lastvisit_never;
		$memlastvisitsep = '';
		$memlastvisittime = '';

I'd be surprised if that works. Just because for example $memlastvisitdate is not a single value...well it is....but of the datepart only the month is translated....and maybe in some places the day of the week is shown...which is calculated from the date...so referring it to a single translated value would not work...

I am not sure if I am making sense here since I am by no means a coder and only fumble with code myself...so the terminology might be way off...

the answer might be more in the definition of the 'dateformat'. If the format is of dd-MMM-yyyy or something else where the month is spelled out....then the system should pick up the translated value....so I am leaning more towards trying to fix it there...

cheers,
Kimmo
Yep, I'm way out of my safe depth here.. I'm only a learner-LEARNER.
I think the date translation thing would be attempted in the version after 1.0.

But don't quote me on that Wink

Also about #2, I think it might be because the Dutch translation doesn't have the language variables for that part. I haven't checked the translation myself so I cannot confirm this, but that is my suspicion.
Reminisce of RC4 isn't it ??.

Released too early with not enough beta-testing or testers. Sad
The admin links on profile were relatively new (I think it was just before PR2 was released) and I think Tochjo started translating the Dutch translation before that, thus not having a copy of those specific variables. That's my suspicion in detail Toungue