MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL error in Admin CP Preferences & Personal Notes - Resolved
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is interesting. I re-uploaded the changed admin files, just in case and to be completely sure, ran the upgrade script again and everything was finished succesfully.

The SQL error is still there though Confused

Anything else I could try to pin-point the origin of the problem?
Did you choose the correct version from the upgrade page?? This will be caused when either the files aren't 1.4.4 or the upgrade wasn't successful, as this setting was only added in 1.4.4
Hmm, I selected '1.4 or 1.4.1' from the drop down menu, because those releases are closest to my previous version, which was 1.4.3. Might that be the problem? Should there be an option '1.4.3'?
Yes there should have been, I guess that's why it isn't working. Redownload the 1.4.4 package and make sure you have the entire ./install/ folder, and all it's contents, uploaded.
Thanks Matt, I will try that. But there's something I don't understand (and I'd like to Smile). I still have all the changed files packages for 1.4.x series and I checked them.

The changed files packages for upgrading from 1.4.2 to 1.4.3 and from 1.4.3 to 1.4.4 don't have changed files regarding the \install\ directeroy (the 1.4.2 release is the last release with changed files to the install\ directory). So when you manually update the software, just like I did, from 1.4.2 to 1.4.3 to 1.4.4 you will still have the install directory from 1.4.2 when running the upgrade.php script when installing 1.4.4 (because since 1.4.2 there haven't been any changed files released).

So I can download the current full package and re-upload the install directory, but that directory was never part of the changed files download for 1.4.4.

I'll let you know what happend with the reuploaded install dir from the current release.
1.4.2 to 1.4.3 didn't need the upgrade script, so there wasn't an /install/ folder in the changed files pack, but there was one in the changed files pack for 1.4.3 to 1.4.4, I just downloaded it and checked.
Holy crap. I was checking my unpacked folders which I used to upload. There wasn't any install directory there. Now I checked my .rar file for the changed files, and you are correct, it is in there! Something went horribly wrong when unpacking I think Confused

Thanks for clarifying and staying with me Matt, the problem is now solved. I uploaded the install from the full package and that worked!

Thanks again Smile

Time the do a full reinstall just in case!
Pages: 1 2