MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [TUTORIAL] Add Javascript RSS Feed Box on Portal Page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

I've posted this as example on another thread (now is linked here) as example of a javascript trough template interface of adminCP, but may be that you will find it a fine solution to integrate RSS on portal page too.

EXAMPLE:
  • Add a Javascript RSS Box to the portal page
SOLUTION USED:
  • Manual Template modification
NEEDS:
  • Base HTML knowledge
  • Ready to be paste RSS feed javascript code (google for it, no advertisement here)
  • A working MyBB Board (The guide is made with v1.4.3)

Take in mid that is better make a module for this kind of insertion but in the case you're still not able to make them (this is my case) you can follow this work-around.

NOTE:
This example is referred to portal template but is suitable for all other templates.

First of all go to your Admin CP -> Templates & Style -> Templates and choose your theme template:

Explanation image:
[Image: img01lc2.th.png]

When you've selected it you will see a list of templates chose the one you want modify, in our case it will be Portal Templates -> Portal

Explanation image:
[Image: img02hr0.th.png]

Well now we're in the template page, here we will find an editable texbox with out template exposed.
Check the html in it and define the right position for your code, then past it there.

Explanation image:
[Image: img03kr7.th.png]

Now the only thing that remain to do is save and test the result, of your work.

Modification results:
[Image: img04vx1.th.png]

Make a direct modification to templates may ruin your theme so be careful when you perform this kind of modification.

I hope it will help
Ruined
Very Good Tutorial
I just needed the rss parser itself, not the tutorial to change things because I know templates enough - and I think this is well documented too in wiki site

I think the tutorial fails when is missing that source script for using you own Feed from a blog or etc.. - You could read "RSS FEED" on the Title..

but thanks anyway
Very Good Tutoriel But Miss One Thing
RSS Feeder/Parser
Best Regards
(2009-05-04, 03:17 PM)SAFAD Wrote: [ -> ]Very Good Tutoriel But Miss One Thing
RSS Feeder/Parser
Best Regards

hmmm... But what's the difference between the two ?? Smile
which is th code??
(2010-05-19, 09:44 PM)Walkman 5.0 Wrote: [ -> ]which is th code??

code is in screenshots Toungue
any can paste th code here?
Closed the thread as code is not provided, the code I see in the image is half cut off.

Walkman check this article out http://nowitsmybb.com/tutorials/display-...-with-rss/