MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Using old mybb database backup??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Is it possible to use a backed up copy of my previous mybb forum (zipped folder) to use in my new forum at : www.foar.co.uk/mybb

If so how do I go about it?

Thanks
Of course Smile What version is your backup from and what version are you on now??
erm...

I think it is the same version, but not entirely sure.

I've currrently got the newest version.
So your new forum is 1.4.4?? If your backup isn't from the same version you'll need to run the upgrade script but if we don't know what version it's from, won't be easy easy as usual...
ok, how do i run the update script?
Well you'll need the ./install/ folder as that contains upgrade.php. You'll have to upload the backup to the database that is linked with your new forum and then run the upgrader.

However don't do it until somebody tells you which version to choose from the upgrade list. Because you don't know what version the backup is from, you might not be able to choose the latest version from the list...
Ahh ok, how do I know which version this backup is from then?
Well you can't really unless you can remember where it was from.
(2008-12-04, 09:58 PM)carra23 Wrote: [ -> ]Ahh ok, how do I know which version this backup is from then?

(2008-12-04, 10:15 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Well you can't really unless you can remember where it was from.

Matt is (probably) correct if all you have is a copy of the database; Do you also have a copy of the old files?

If "Yes', then
inc/class_core.php
will tell you the old version number.
Yeah, if you have your old files you can check it there, but if you don't, I don't think it's possible to tell.
Pages: 1 2 3