MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Something didn't seem to go well in upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I would describe the problem, if I knew how, but it can best be seen here...

http://(<EDIT: site name removed due to it no longer being hosted on itrello.com>).itrello.com/Forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2

I would greatly appreciate any help in fixing this. TIA
What version did you upgrade to? If you upgraded to 1.4.4, did you run the update script (install/upgrade.php)?
I upgraded from 1.4.3 to 1.4.4

I did run the upgrade script, which did not indicate any problems during the process.

I also set the forums to 'off-line' status before uploading the changed files and running the script. However, I did not deactivate any plug-ins -- Stupid me --- but I did create a back-up before uploading and updating.

I apologize for not elaborating on this further in my first post. Sorry.

BTW, thanks for your quick response.
You didn't need to deactivate plugins for this update.

Reupload all the changed files.
I re-uploaded. No change.
Should I run the upgrade script again?

This the first time I've ever had an issue with upgrading. I've been using MyBB since 1.2 and I've been very pleased with it. Thanks.
Try it on a test forum first.
Aargh...How do I set up a test forum?

Can I just move it to a new folder and use the same DB or do I have to create a new DB?
Actually it probably isn't needed really. Make a database backup in the ACP first incase something else goes wrong, and then run the upgrader again.
okay, will do. Recent pre-upgrade Back-up already exists but I'll do another just in case.
no change...hmmm the script didn't re-lock either.
It doesn't lock itself on all servers, just create a blank file in it called lock or delete the ./install/ folder completely.
Pages: 1 2