MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Password settings?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2008-12-05, 07:17 AM)rh1n0 Wrote: [ -> ]Edit his account in the admin CP, you should see an option for username, password, email address, etc. Change his password to something, give him the password over email or IM and then he can log in and change it.

As for the email not being sent out, do other emails get sent out by the forum?
You might want to check with your host about emails.

Thanks.

Isn't this automated? Why do I have to go in and manually do it?
Well it should be automated in the sense the email should send, but as it hasn't, you have to edit it in the ACP.
(2008-12-05, 07:01 PM)enlightenme Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks.

Isn't this automated? Why do I have to go in and manually do it?
You asked where the controls for the password were, then I gave them to you, why are you questioning why you have to do it manually when that's what you wanted to do?

Like I said, do other emails get sent by your forum?
i told him the same thing.
(2008-12-05, 11:42 PM)rh1n0 Wrote: [ -> ]why are you questioning why you have to do it manually when that's what you wanted to do?

Actually, it seems I had no choice but to do it manually. There is no automated setting for this? where the app just forwards a new password to the user??

As you can tell I am a newbie to this forum, still learning it.

I had to change to a different server, so now I am able to email.

I appreciate all your input, all.
(2008-12-06, 04:21 AM)enlightenme Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-12-05, 11:42 PM)rh1n0 Wrote: [ -> ]why are you questioning why you have to do it manually when that's what you wanted to do?

Actually, it seems I had no choice but to do it manually. There is no automated setting for this? where the app just forwards a new password to the user??

As you can tell I am a newbie to this forum, still learning it.

I had to change to a different server, so now I am able to email.

I appreciate all your input, all.
The app does forward a password reset onto the user, however it is sent via email so that the system can verify it is indeed a valid request. If your host has disabled emailing ability on your server (as what you've said), then there's no way that MyBB can change the password since the server is blocking MyBB's requests to send emails. (and we provide a work around, which allows admins to manually reset passwords)
If we didn't send emails, then anyone could just come along and reset someone else's password.
Pages: 1 2