MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Having trouble installing themes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I recently got some great help from OziDave to install my board. I am trying to install a different theme but I keep losing my images. I just get red X's everywhere. I am following the instructions in ReadMe but there seem to be some steps missing that apparently 'everyone' except me knows.

What am I missing?

Also, I would like to get rid of the standard Mybb logo. Where might I find that?

Hi Moke,

The logo is in the images Dir, Just overwrite it. As for the the little red X's.. I'll let you in on a 'little' trick.

Right click any of the images and check the properties, it should give you the path to where it is looking for them. Just create the path and put them there.

Also you need to ensure that the 'new' theme has a different path to its own images else it will use the default if it isn't set to something else other than images.

In the theme you will find:

Quote:Image Directory
Where all the images for this theme reside.

That's where you need to tell it where to find them.

If you need help to do that, Email me. Toungue

PS: Be careful you don't overwrite the original default images by using the same path for different themes, also chmod any new dir you create to 755. Wink
i never chmod the dir's i make for themes... they all still work fine
squall_leonhart69r Wrote:i never chmod the dir's i make for themes... they all still work fine

Good! But it is always better to check, as one day they might not... Rolleyes
I go it! Thanks so much for your help! Rep for ya all!
Had a look and it's looking great..

You can tweak the white border to the same or a different colour as the table, you can also expand the table width so that it's sleek and mean... Rofl!
squall_leonhart69r Wrote:i never chmod the dir's i make for themes... they all still work fine

I'm wondering what the hell you are talking about.. I click your url and go to a board that has this in the footer............

This Board Hosted For FREE By ProBoards
Get Your Own Free Message Board!

And you ain't using MyBB there, and that's for sure.........

Even your forum images are coming from here..

http://www.4d5.net/v4images/off.gif

I am still missing a few images... I have looked through the image files and can't seem to locate them so they must be missing from template. I am using dreamy.

Missing 2.jpg would just be the standard 'printer' image which is in the default image dir as printable.gif. Just copy it to where the theme path is looking for it. Wink

Not sure on the other two without logging in over there. Toungue

Ha! just had another look, and there are more than two images involved in the PM applet. There's about three or four.. received / read / forwarded etc..

The standard ones would no doubt suit that application as well.

I'll leave it to you to find them.. Lol.
Ozidave Wrote:

I'm wondering what the hell you are talking about.. I click your url and go to a board that has this in the footer............

This Board Hosted For FREE By ProBoards
Get Your Own Free Message Board!

And you ain't using MyBB there, and that's for sure.........

Even your forum images are coming from here..

http://www.4d5.net/v4images/off.gif

that would be coz i have no host at the mom