MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Passwords always lost with SMF 1.1.7 to MyBB 1.2.14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I did it successfully now with 2, going from 1.1.7 to MyBB 1.2.14 and then upgrading after merging, yes. One is viewable at http://safyrelightning.com/forum - it was a bare-bones site with 13 members and 3 posts, but I wanted to get it converted before everyone in my group joined in.

Interestingly, I had all kinds of plugins and such installed on SMF, but it didn't seem to make any difference to the database.

With my corporate forum test, it moved most of my boards as a child of another (22 of them), but that was easily, though numbingly, taken care of.
(2008-12-06, 04:01 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Is your SMF modded what-so-ever?

A few minor mods but I uninstalled them before merging and by the way, I only use the default theme on SMF so there should be no conflict there. I noticed that Jesse didn't disable his mods and he was successful:
Quote:Interestingly, I had all kinds of plugins and such installed on SMF, but it didn't seem to make any difference to the database.
Maybe I should have left all my mods (packages) installed before merging?? I'm so confused.Huh
I'm really loving MyBB and I'm going to convert every board I have now. I've been looking for one that includes an excerpt in the RSS and the e-mail notification, and that was what initially sold me on it. Then I found the N.Design theme and was hooked. Way more professional than our old boards.
(2008-12-06, 04:12 AM)Jesse Wrote: [ -> ]With my corporate forum test, it moved most of my boards as a child of another (22 of them), but that was easily, though numbingly, taken care of.

I'm wondering if you used the SVN Snapshot with it (as a test) to see if it still had the same problem, or if it was fixed.
I will be willing to do another test next week, because we will want to fully test out the thing for real before we do the transfer to MyBB so we don't skip a beat. It took about an hour to get that all in the right place, so time is of the essence when I go to pull the trigger.

Thanks, Ryan.
Oh, I just noticed:

On http://www.safyrelightning.com/forum/ the Raid Schedules child board is supposed to be a parent board under the Groups and Raids forum.

I can dig into the SQL if you tell me what to look for.
(2008-12-06, 04:49 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]I'm wondering if you used the SVN Snapshot with it (as a test) to see if it still had the same problem, or if it was fixed.

If my memory serves me correctly, I think I tried the SVN and it failed miserably before I got started. It's a big task to do all of this with my knowledge, but I think I will give it a go because I love your product and I want our real conversion to go well.
Basically I just need the logs (/convert/logs/) from the SVN Snapshot if you do run it. Just make sure it has writable permissions and go. If it fails miserably then I can go in and look at the logs to try and figure out where it screwed up. It's not perfect logs but it does help.

You don't need to do it right away. Just when you've got nothing else to do.
Sure thing. Sometime over the weekend.
Ok - using the SVN convert does not work with 1.2.14 because it insists that there is an inc/class-error.php file, which is only a part of 1.4.4 MyBB. I did try 1.4.4 installation AND SVN convert file, and that bombed big time. It imported everything, but the theme (even default) was unusable I was was unable to recover. Unfortunately, I had forgotten to make the log writable.

I'm going to give it that file and see what happens now.
Nope:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function my_strpos() in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/mybb12/inc/class_error.php on line 169

- I'm going back to the regular convert and see how it fares this time.
(2008-12-10, 03:10 AM)Jesse Wrote: [ -> ]- I'm going back to the regular convert and see how it fares this time.

I did a successful import once again, but it did once again mess up the parent/child boards.

In the attached image, you'll see (and 17 others) there. All of those are supposed to be boards, not child boards. Each of them has a child board under them (Must Read - Top Issues/Fixes), which are intact under their places, but they are actually grandchildren at this point. Nothing got placed into two of my category boards because they were still up above under another category.

I'll go ahead and fix layout manually this for our purposes - the password issue is INDEED resolved with the SVN login_convert.php - but I ditched the rest of that package to get the job done.
(2008-12-10, 03:10 AM)Jesse Wrote: [ -> ]I did a successful import once again, but it did once again mess up the parent/child boards.

In the attached image, you'll see (and 17 others) there. All of those are supposed to be boards, not child boards. Each of them has a child board under them (Must Read - Top Issues/Fixes), which are intact under their places, but they are actually grandchildren at this point. Nothing got placed into two of my category boards because they were still up above under another category.

That's one of the problems I encounter with either the 1.2 convert tool or the 1.4 SVN snapshot.

I don't care what anyone says, there is no way to successfully merge SMF 1.1.7 to MyBB with either tool, at least not as the tools are at this point.
Hehe, you are certainly right that it is not perfect, but for my purposes and my desparate need to get out of the SMF situation we're in now, I'm willing to spend the 20 minutes it took me to get the theme the way I wanted and move the boards around. My boss successfully logged in using his old password, too.

I'm willing to continue troubleshooting when you release new updates to the merge.
Pages: 1 2 3