MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merge Users??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to take 2 different sql databases and merge the users or..no?
You can use the MyBB Merge System. However, the Merge System for 1.4 is still in testing, so it's not recommended if you have an active forum.
Not really... each user will have a unique ID number (uid), if you attempt to "merge" them, then SQL will throw a duplicate error...

I guess you can create a PHP script that can insert the details to add your users from one database to the other. Or just export the users table, remove the uid information, then import...

Can be quite fiddly though... Undecided

Won't the Merge System merge the entire forum, not just the users?..
(2008-12-05, 08:52 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]Won't the Merge System merge the entire forum, not just the users?..

I was going to suggest this but decided against it as I wasn't sure... so yeti, don't act on this yet, but what about if one database just had users?? I have no experience of the merge system but do you think that would that work?? Ryan's probably the best person to answer this...

(2008-12-05, 08:52 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]Not really... each user will have a unique ID number (uid), if you attempt to "merge" them, then SQL will throw a duplicate error...

Surely that's always going to be the case when merging MyBB with MyBB?? There's always going to be 2x uid1, 2x fid1, 2x tid1, 2x pid1, unless I'm missing something stupid...
I've looked at the Merge System before, but I don't get it at all. Toungue
I guess what you can do is to copy the two forums, merge them, then import the users table into the active forum (backing it up before replacing the table).

Either that, or like I said, remove the uid numbers for one of the two databases, and import. That way, the users will just be added on top of the old users - for example if both databases has users numbered 1 to 5 and do the above, then the second database will import the users as 6 - 10...

If you follow me... Undecided
It's called the Merge System because it can take two, or three, or four forums (or more) and merge them into one MyBB forum.

If there are duplicate users they are either renamed or merged into the same account based on some condition.

http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Merge_System
That's what I thought, because if it caused errors, wouldn't be much point in the system...