MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Coming up with a name...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to make a site for custom MyBB themes (I made one, just haven't released it to the public yet, but I wont sell it. It's my host.)

I was thinking of something like "Clairvoyant studios" Or "Heavy Iron studios".
The base theme would be a tech theme.
So I dunno. But I thought I might ask for help in coming up with a name.
edit: deleted a stupid comment Wink
The Tech Lab
Looks like you're on the right track. One thing I would suggest though is don't let the name define the site, let the site define the name. What I mean by that is I'd personally rather have a unique site name that I like and people go "that site is about this, this, and this" because it's popular rather than a site name where people go "Well it has this in the name so it must be about this." I hope that makes sense. Big Grin
Heavy Iron Studios would be a great name...just my opinion though. I agree with KuJoe above, I would follow his advice when making your decision.
When coming up with a name for a design studio, I like to have something which is short and easy to remember but is still catchy.
(2008-12-06, 03:26 PM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like you're on the right track. One thing I would suggest though is don't let the name define the site, let the site define the name. What I mean by that is I'd personally rather have a unique site name that I like and people go "that site is about this, this, and this" because it's popular rather than a site name where people go "Well it has this in the name so it must be about this." I hope that makes sense. Big Grin

Actually it does. Kind of like a them zone type of name. If it has themes, and theme makers, and a catchy name, then people will like it.

But they made a them zone name, and didn't have themes....Then...ya?
And yes, I am thinking of a basic/nice name. Toungue

WAIT! I think i just got that!

If I did do something like heavy iron, it doesn't say theme in the name. But I could offer theme creation as a service!
Instead of making a site with the word theme in it to define it!
I see what you mean!
Exactly! It's like GoDaddy.com, the domain has nothing to do with Domain registration but everybody know exactly what they do. I'd rather let the website's reputation build up the name rather than people looking at the domain and saying "Oh wow, another website about this".
Heavy Iron studios is a good name.