MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Required login for every page load - New installation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When loading a page requiring a login (admin) it prompts for a login before loading the page. After the login is input the page loads. If the same page or another page are loaded, it will prompt for a login again. No errors are ever thrown. Is there is a cookie expiration problem somewhere? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

System Stats
  • Windows 2003
  • Apache 2.2
  • MySQL 5
  • PHP 5

Misc. Information
  • New installation of MyBB 1.4
  • Installed without any errors
  • No changes made in the admin
  • No errors are thrown
  • Example not available (Intranet)
  • In the same Apache public directory there is a DokuWiki running without login problems.
(2008-12-05, 10:57 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]It's a cookie issue. What's your URL??

It's on an Intranet, but the URL is just the machine's host name.

http://WEBSERVER/forum/

From settings.php
$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".WEBSERVER";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/forum/";
$settings['cookieprefix'] = "";
Try making the cookie domain blank. Then go to ACP > Configuration > General Configuration and change it again.
I can get to the ACP > Configuration > General Configuration page, but I cannot save the changes because I am redirected to the login page. I have modified the settings.php file, but the blank is shown as .WEBSERVER. Is there a way to reflect this change outside of the Admin?
You have to edit it in ./inc/settings.php and then edit it again in the ACP to update the database.
Spoke too soon. I changed it back to

$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".WEBSERVER";

..and it is now working. I guess something in the installation[/php] didn't quite get set right.

Thank you for your help.
Hmm, weird... well, make sure the ACP shows the correct setting and click save to make sure the database is correct.
(2008-12-05, 11:14 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]You have to edit it in ./inc/settings.php and then edit it again in the ACP to update the database.

I just did your suggestion this after I got it working through the setting.php change to be sure everything in the database was updated.