MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: License question about modifying the source
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

We are looking into the possibility to integrate the forum into our (future) site/comunity. For example to share the registration process, so the forum and the rest of the site uses the same user information. And possible use the forum's PM system as a messaging system throught the site.
But it would also mean to modify the forum. It would have to fit in visually with the rest of the site, also modify/remove functions that we may have elsewhere and so on.

According the to license agreement, I would take it as such modifications are not allowed?
You can do w/e you want with the code you just can't re-distribute the code you have made to others and call it your own. Other then that your good to go!
as long as you keep mybb copyrights on the bottom, you will be fine.
Ok great. We have no intentions to hide the copyrights or saying it's ours Smile
k776 Wrote:I can assure you, as long as you keep the changes to yourself
So we don't have the third freedom of the Free Software definition?

MyBB is not interesting to me, then. I'll go on with SMF.
Well that doesn't make sense, because as far as I know, users are allowed to create modifications, and release the modifications to the public. However, what I understand is NOT allowed is if you release the whole MyBB with your modifications (ie. MyBB + your mods integrated).