MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Restrict users from a a section of the forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi

I have a section on my forum for adults and wanted to block anyone under 18 from that section is there anyway to do that ?

to stop anyone under 18 getting onto that section

Thanks
you edit the "permissions" for that forum, you just have to explore it.
There's no permission for age, is there?? Rolleyes

Best way would be to make a new group, only add people to it if you know they are over 18, and set permissions so only that group can see it.
there is an option somewhere for age tho.
(2008-12-06, 09:16 PM)indigored Wrote: [ -> ]there is an option somewhere for age tho.

COPPA registration... that's there because of American law for child privacy protection on the internet. There's no way to allow or disallow a COPPA user to see a forum or not.
he could always use specific forum banning, but he would have to do everyone seperate under age 18.
Why ban a user from a forum when you can put them in a group and set permissions for that group?? If you have a new usergroup you can easily see who's over 18 and who isn't.
you mean who's under 18 and who isn't?
Yes, that's what I said in my first post. Have a group for over 18's, and a group for under 18's. Give the people over 18 access, and the people under 18 no access.
But anyone could easily put themselves into that group.. so..
Pages: 1 2