MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Clicking on forum link takes me to my website
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I click on any forum category links (when I have SEF url's enabled) it takes me to my Wordpress 404 page. I have WP in my root folder and MYBB also in my root folder, but in a folder of its own called "collectibles-forum". Now, if I disable SEF url's, the forum works correctly. My host has advertised on their website they employ mod_rewrite. The MYBB folder does have an .htaccess file too. Would really like to get the SEF url's working. BTW , I'm ashamed to admit it, but I will tell you this only in the hopes it may help to answer this problem. I had BBPress installed first on my site, (before MYBB) and it did the exact same thing, when I enabled their "pretty permalinks" to be more search engine friendly. Don't worry either, I like MYBB better then BBpress. I will only be using MyBB from now on.

Here is my site, click on any forum category link to see what it does:

(since problem is solved, I am removing link)
can i have a test admin account?
This seems to be a misconfiguration with wordpress. IIRC WP and MyBB shouldn't be in the same directory.
I have them both in "root" , WP is not in a folder in root, but MyBB is in its own folder in root as "collectibles-forum".
(2008-12-06, 08:58 PM)indigored Wrote: [ -> ]can i have a test admin account?

If I can get an OK from one of the developers Indigored, I would be happy to give you the "car keys". I hope you understand and I really do appreciate you wanting to help.
it's alright, what did you do when you made the forums?
What did I do when I made the forums? Well, I just made the forums! Smile

Not sure what info you need on this one. I uploaded WP, then, uploaded the MyBB forum folder.
(2008-12-06, 09:10 PM)froggy Wrote: [ -> ]I have them both in "root" , WP is not in a folder in root, but MyBB is in its own folder in root as "collectibles-forum".

Ah, I misunderstood, my apologies Smile

How easy is it to 'turn off' wordpress?? Is there a way to sort of deactivate it and see how MyBB works then??
did you add any links when you made these?

Antiques & Collectibles
---------------------
Forum
---------------------
Ceramic-China-Pottery
like did you put something into "Forum Link" Feature?
No, just made ordinary forum categories. If I disable SEF url's, the forum works fine.
By SEF URLs, is this the settings MyBB comes with or a plugin??
Pages: 1 2