MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Reverting to 1.2 for integration with Joomla - Feature Loss?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I'm in the process of switching host, and want to integrate the new version of our forum with Joomla. Unfortunately, the only official way I've found is with MyBB 1.2. Moving from 1.4 what features are lost and will I still be able to use the same skins (the Afresh series) with it? This could be a turning point for me.
You can't downgrade to 1.2 from 1.4 unless you revert to your last 1.2 backup. Themes and plugins made for 1.2 won't work with 1.4, and themes and plugins for 1.4 won't work with 1.2.
That's definetely not recommended.
Ok. I'm still after an integration solution, as our site could seriously do with it. Is there any other portal software that allows this for 1.4? Or are there any simple hooks within MyBB that I could use? I'm not too great in the coding area.
Looks like this could be a suitable point for me to chip in.

I'm part of the team over at the JFusion project (www.jfusion.org).

JFusion is an extension for Joomla 1.5 that provides the framework to integrate any software (providing it uses a MySQL database) with Joomla. It provides a full feature set including a Master/Slave system allowing you to set a master of User managment and multiple slaves, an AJAX user sync that allows syncing of users both to and from Joomla, single sign on and much more.

We're currently preparing for our first Beta release (version 1.1.0), which will include a fully working MyBB 1.4 plugin to allow complete integration of MyBB 1.4 with Joomla. We're hoping to have this release available on the 25th (yes, as a Christmas present Big Grin).

JFusion seems to have earned itself somewhat of a slightly negative reputation here on the MyBB Community Forums for a number of reasons (e.g hard installation procedure). However, we've been listening to all this feedback and have taken measures to ensure that installation, configuration and usuability are all as simple as possible in our 1.1.0 release. Hopefully, with a bit of involvement from me and perhaps some more of the team, I hope to completely erase this negative image Smile.

I recommend you wait to use our 1.1.0 release as It fixes many bugs with the MyBB plugin that are currently present with our 1.0.8 release.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask Wink.

Thanks for your time,
James

P.S Here's a demo of the MyBB integration (as I said, it's a bit buggy with our current release but all will be fixed on the 25th).

http://www.jfusion.org/index.php/compone...Itemid,99/[/i]
Well how about that Toungue I'll be keeping an eye on the progress of this.