MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help about Upgrade mybb 1.2 to 1.4.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi i was using phpbb3 but today i convert it mybb 1.2 now i like to upgrade it 1.4.4 but i dont kno what i've to do .... plz help

thx
Same way everybody else does it: http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Upgrading
Hi i tryed to upgrade now i cant access anything or cant setup the bord setting no its shows

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare is_super_admin() (previously declared in /home/shagotik/public_html/fmybb/inc/functions.php:5179) in /home/shagotik/public_html/fmybb/admin/adminfunctions.php on line 2383

what i should do now ?
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /fmybb/admin/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.10 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.10 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.shokalshondha.com Port 80
Did you upload all the files and run the upgrade script properly??

Contact your host and ask them to whitelist your domain/account against mod_security.
i upgrade everything properly now its shows

MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
MyBB Error (40)
Error Message:
Your board has not yet been installed and configured. Please do so before attempting to browse it.
Please contact the MyBB Group for support.

if i go to www.shokalshondha.com/admin cant understant where i did wrong
Go into ./inc/ and make sure there is a file called config.php, and make sure your database details are in it. Not sure how you managed to get that error when going from 1.2 to 1.4 actually...
now my acp bord shows

1 of the required files and directories do not have proper CHMOD settings. Please change the CHMOD settings to the ones specified with the file below. For more information on CHMODing, see the MyBB Wiki. ???
Needed:
  • ./inc/config.php > 666 for install
  • ./inc/settings.php > 666
  • ./cache/ > 777
  • ./cache/themes/ > 777
  • ./uploads/ > 777
  • ./uploads/avatars/ > 777
Optional:
  • ./admin/backups/ > 777 (to be able to save backups there via the ACP backup manager)
  • ./inc/languages/*language*/ > all files 666 (to edit them in the ACP)
  • ./inc/languages/*language*/admin/ > all files 666 (to edit them in the ACP)
i check the ftp there is file ./inc/ called config.php, but i dont kno why cant change any bord settings

ist shows Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /fmybb/admin/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.10 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.10 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.shokalshondha.com Port 80

i can see the acp but unable to access... will you look at the page plz http://www.shokalshondha.com/fmybb/
(2008-12-07, 11:44 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Needed:
  • ./inc/config.php > 666 for install
  • ./inc/settings.php > 666
  • ./cache/ > 777
  • ./cache/themes/ > 777
  • ./uploads/ > 777
  • ./uploads/avatars/ > 777
Optional:
  • ./admin/backups/ > 777 (to be able to save backups there via the ACP backup manager)
  • ./inc/languages/*language*/ > all files 666 (to edit them in the ACP)
  • ./inc/languages/*language*/admin/ > all files 666 (to edit them in the ACP)

what about those file ??? cant understand plz explain [*]./inc/config.php > 666 for install
[*]./inc/settings.php > 666
[*]./cache/ > 777
[*]./cache/themes/ > 777
[*]./uploads/ > 777
[*]./uploads/avatars/ > 777
Yes I said about the forbidden before, ask your host to whitelist your domain/account against mod_security.
Pages: 1 2