MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I can't seem to login...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just changed my URL - not sure if this could be the culprit?.

I went to login, was able to login (I was prompted by the 'Thank you for logging in box') but when I was redirected back to the main page I was actually not logged in.

I need to get in to change the config. Some help with this would be appreciated. I apologize in advance if this was asked previously.

Thanks again.
Why can people not search the forum before posting??

Your cookie settings are probably wrong.Open ./inc/settings.php, make sure your cookie settings are correct, and then go to ACP > Configuration > General Configuration and change them again.
(2008-12-07, 06:21 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Why can people not search the forum before posting??

Your cookie settings are probably wrong.Open ./inc/settings.php, make sure your cookie settings are correct, and then go to ACP > Configuration > General Configuration and change them again.

I can't seem to login though. Are you saying I have to go into my FTP/SFTP app and change them there? Also, what do they need to be set to? Thanks.
I said open ./inc/settings.php. This is a file, so yes, in your FTP. And how can I possibly tell you what to set them to if I don't know your URL??
(2008-12-07, 06:41 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]I said open ./inc/settings.php. This is a file, so yes, in your FTP. And how can I possibly tell you what to set them to if I don't know your URL??

Sorry, http://www.asianadventures.org
Change the cookie domain to .asianadventures.org. Then change it in the ACP. Your board URL is also wrong which is why your theme doesn't work, change your board URL in the ACP after you've changed the cookie settings in the ACP.
(2008-12-07, 06:48 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Change the cookie domain to .asianadventures.org. Then change it in the ACP. Your board URL is also wrong which is why your theme doesn't work, change your board URL in the ACP after you've changed the cookie settings in the ACP.

I am on it now. When I opened the settings.php file in the FTP app at the top it states: DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE, PLEASE USE THE SETTINGS EDITOR. Initially I Ignored this message, and edited it where it was anyway, saved it, and it did not go through. So, how do I get to the settings editor?

Thanks again
Yes it says that as you're not normally meant to edit it but you have to if you're changing cookie settings because can't log into the forum. I think it is quite obvious the settings editor it refers to is the ACP settings section.

What do you mean by 'it didn't go through'?? You won't be able to log in until this is changed.
(2008-12-07, 07:25 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean by 'it didn't go through'?? You won't be able to log in until this is changed.

I made the changes, saved them, even double checked. Yet, the changes did not go through.
Ohhh just PM me FTP details and the log in details of your forum.
Pages: 1 2