MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MySQL Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey.

I keep getting this error everytime I try and login on my forum:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'loginattempts' in 'field list'
Query:
UPDATE mybb_sessions SET loginattempts=loginattempts+1 WHERE sid = ''

Any help?

Thanks
If this was after going from 1.4.3 to 1.4.4, did you run the upgrade script??
1.4.3 to 1.4.4

I have never used 1.4.3, I started using MyBB after 1.4.4 was released. The forum was working 30 mins ago, but has just stopped.
I'm confused now, you said 1.4.3 to 1.4.4, but then say you never used 1.4.3.... which is it??
Sorry, I didn't mean to put the "1.4.3 to 1.4.4" bit. Ignore that, message ment to read:

I have never used 1.4.3, I started using MyBB after 1.4.4 was released. The forum was working 30 mins ago, but has just stopped.
Oh, so it's a fresh 1.4.4 install... you don't have the sideboxes plugin, do you?? That broke with 1.4.4... also I think someone had the sid error when they converted from another forum software, I take it this was a completely new forum??
Ah yes, I have just installed the site box plugin.

That has fixed it, disabling it. Thanks alot for your help Big Grin (Again)

Is there a way to use the side box plugin and to still have the forum working?
you are the second one who face this problem because of this plugin.
I would encourage you to open a new topic in the plugins support section, or try to contact the plugin author to update it.
Currently no, I think a change in login security in member.php for 1.4.4 isn't compatible with the sidebox plugin. Somebody will probably update it soon enough, or if not, labrocca has a sidebox plugin at mybbcentral.com which is good, although that requires a paid subscription (there is also a free sidebox plugin there but that's the same one as the one you would have found on these forums so still won't work).

(2008-12-08, 05:37 PM)pepotiger Wrote: [ -> ]you are the second one who face this problem because of this plugin.
I would encourage you to open a new topic in the plugins support section, or try to contact the plugin author to update it.

Unfortunately there's been at least 5 or 6 people with the problem... I think it is time a thread is made to see if anybody can fix it.

Made one: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-41669.html
hi, i have the same problem, i also has sidebox enabled, disabling it fix the problem
Pages: 1 2