MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Custom Profile Fields Uneditable [C-Michael83]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To replicate.

Create a new custom profile field (textbox) with a 0 for maximum length. The field will not be editable in usercp with Firefox. I have confirmed this behavior on 2 seperate sites.
Confirmed on my site. Was able to edit in Safari, other user was able to edit in Chrome, but nobody in Firefox could add characters to textboxes with max length of 0.
erm. don't set the max length to 0 if you don't want it to be uneditable?
Is that your best solution for all admins? If the field is empty mybb defaults it as zero. That's the problem.

btw a good fix would be to make the field required so it's not empty. That or not auto fill it as zero.
(2008-12-09, 02:53 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Is that your best solution for all admins? If the field is empty mybb defaults it as zero. That's the problem.

Ah, that's why it's a problem then.
Apologies if I didn't make that clear. Sorry to have created a misunderstanding.
(2008-12-09, 02:32 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]erm. don't set the max length to 0 if you don't want it to be uneditable?

With every other field, if you set it to 0/blank it's infinite length/no limit.
Thank you for your bug report.

This bug has been fixed in our internal code repository. Please note that the problem will not be fixed here until these forums are updated.

With regards,
MyBB Group