MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Maintaining CPU Usage??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do I keep my CPU Usage down? I've removed some things like the adpeeps system, show users online list decreased time on that, and such.

If you register, you can see more things like the spicefuse shoutbox.

url: http://www.wtfhacks.com

Im not suppose to get over 5% cpu usage, and I seem to go over it by 1% or so. I should probably try and keep it down to around 2% or so atleast.

Could the FIcons (forum icons) be increasing the cpu usage?

Could Mass Mail(s) be doing this too?
i took out the shoutbox for awhile.
There really isn't anything you can do. You can't "cap" the amount of usable CPU in a software itself. That has to be done with external programs installed and configured by the IT person which limit the % of CPU per user account.
Plugins can indeed use extra resources - if you suspect a plugin to be doing so, you can try deactivating it.
Some other things you may wish to consider:
- What sort of traffic are you getting? If it's rather high, your shared hosting account might not be suffice.
- If you don't think the above to be true, you may be on a dodgey shared host who limits resources too much...
thanks for the replies,

i wish there was a way to found easier.

it shows the amt of processes running and such.

but i know it is coming from wtfhacks.com and i cannot have it up like this if it uses up so much "cpu usage"

i could xfer it to my other hosting i guess..maybe. Im thinking of just selling it if its to hard to maintain like that.
Where are you getting this CPU usage information from?