MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB and MySql Cluster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi:

I'm working on a project where we are evaluating the possibility to use MySql Cluster for the database backend. Does anyone have experience or knowledge on how the limitations of this db system affect mybb? Thanks!
MySQL Cluster doesn't really have much to do with MyBB, it's just a more scalable way of serving people for extremely large sites and it's synchronous, compared to MySQL's Replication which is Asynchronous (and from my research is the preferred method for a high activity forum software).

Quote:Replication in MySQL features support for one-way, asynchronous replication, in which one server acts as the master, while one or more other servers act as slaves. This is in contrast to the synchronous replication which is a characteristic of MySQL Cluster (see Chapter 17, MySQL Cluster).

Take From: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/replication.html

Setting up MySQL Replication among multiple server's would usually use a load balancer for optimal performance but failing that, MyBB has integrated round-robin slave/master support for MySQL servers. You can do this by setting up the dbms's servers in MyBB's inc/config.php. There is a topic in the wiki, I believe, on how to do this exactly.