MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom user title always there in ModCP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello
I observed this bug on the KDE forums.

Description:
Even upon disabling custom user titles from Admin-CP for a group with moderator privileges, the group can still use the custom user title feature from their Mod-CP.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Use an account Moderator with SuperModerator privileges.
2. In Admin-CP -> Users and Groups -> Groups -> Super Moderators -> Users and Permissions, uncheck Can use custom user titles.
3. Logout and login using the Moderator account, and open own profile.
4. Click on Edit user in Mod CP and you shall be able to set a custom user title.

I have confirmed this on my test server. Here is the required version info (for my test server):
  • PHP Version - 5.1.6
  • Database type and version - MySQL 5.0.27
  • Browser - Mozilla Firefox 3.0.4
This is a feature, not a bug. If you don't want them to be able to "moderate" (which includes access to the Mod CP - Edit User page) then don't give them moderator permissions?
My view on it is that if you trust a user enough to make them a mod, can't they have a custom usertitle??
I think it is more a question of why disabling "Can use custom user title" doesn't work.
It does, you should find the user won't be able to edit it in their User CP, which is what the settings affects, the User CP.
Ah ok, so the settings don't affect the mod cp. Thanks for clearing that up.
Correct, the setting is for the User CP and not the Mod CP
I wished to have control over it.
So sad that this suggestion is in dismissed Sad
We can't give an option to control every single specific feature there is. That's called overkill IMO.
(2010-04-03, 05:41 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]We can't give an option to control every single specific feature there is. That's called overkill IMO.
Its ok. I can understand.
(2008-12-09, 05:40 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]My view on it is that if you trust a user enough to make them a mod, can't they have a custom usertitle??
I really don't like when ideas are rejected because of the staffs' views or opinions.

Regards
Peace
Pages: 1 2