MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't access user profile
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm building my site and I am incorrectly redirected when I click on a users profile. For example mine goes to http://anti-recession.co.cc/forums/user-1.html when it should be http://anti-recession.co.cc/member.php?a...file&uid=1 as far as I know.
Do you have tghe MyBB search engine friendly URLs enabled or disabled??
You're site isn't coming up at all with me...

But, your friendly URLs are what's causing the problem. Try renaming the htaccess.txt file to .htaccess if your host supports mod_rewrite.

If not, then go to ACP => Server and Optimization Options => Enable search engine friendly URLs? => Set to Disabled.
see that's what i thought at first too...the thing is i turned it off and still not working...i have mkportal installed and just installed the admin pm mod...i dont see either of these causing a problem...my .htaccess file is named correctly i think.

edit: i turned it all on tried it no good, turned it off and renamed .htaccess to .htaccess.txt and it is still doing it....

edit2:now i cant access anything that friendly urls affect....

edit3:figured it out

this line of script had to be added in the first line of my .htaccess file

RewriteBase /(forum directory)

hope this helps someone and thanks for the help
It's still on, links are still user-1.html. Go to ACP > Tools & Maintenance > Recount & Rebuild > do the first 4.
(2008-12-10, 10:59 AM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]It's still on, links are still user-1.html. Go to ACP > Tools & Maintenance > Recount & Rebuild > do the first 4.

i know i turned it back on you can read above...i wanted it oon in the first place but it wasn't working correctly i have fixed it now my mod_rewrite required me to put

RewriteBase /(forum directory)

into my .htaccess
Well you edited that in after I made my post so how was I supposed to know it was there, exactly??

So now everything is ok??
(2008-12-10, 10:04 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Well you edited that in after I made my post so how was I supposed to know it was there, exactly??

So now everything is ok??

o sorry didnt know and yes everything is working now