MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Notification Emails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New user transferring over from phpBB here..... My install path was 1.2 -> Convert from phpBB 3 -> 1.4.4. Had a few problems during install, but figured them all out.

I'm not receiving notification emails as an administrator. Under "User Registration", I have Administrator Activation for when a new user registers. When I create a new user, I'm not getting an email that they register at all.

My PHP Mail function works, after looking at the wiki-help: mail. Subscription notifications are neither here nor there. I registered a new user and it was getting subscription notifications, but users ported from phpBB were not. So I went and created a new admin, but he did not get registration emails either.

I tested using SMTP as well, but nothing worked with that. I also looked at this thread, but don't understand if i could have a corrupt php.php file when this is a new install.

I'm really kind of stymied by this email system. Can anyone help out?
You don't get an email when they register by default... you need a plugin for it. And even with the plugin, if you create a user yourself in the ACP, you won't get an email.
I have the plugin "Mail on Activation" by Ruben installed, is this the one you are referring to?

I'm not registering them in the ACP. I'm registering from the forum under one of my multiple email addresses and it still does not work.
Try this one: http://www.mybbcentral.com/thread-1503.html

Make sure your email address is correct (check both ACP > Configuration > General Configuration > Admin Email and the address in your profile) and that you've checked your spam folder.
ah ha. I will check this one out, thanks!
Worked out great! Thanks for the heads up!